Are you interested in contributing to Marie Leslie Photography?
I welcome individuals who can provide well-written and unique articles that will be helpful and uplifting to my readers. If you would like to feature a post of yours at From Beginner to Business, please follow these guidelines:
- You must be an individual. If you are a business, looking to promote your product or service, please contact me here for product review, giveaway and advertorial information.
- Please read and become familiar with this site before submitting a guest post. We are currently considering only topics related to photography and travel. These are currently the only topic areas we are considering, regardless of any post you may have read on this website. Do not write and ask me to choose a topic or title for you to submit. Do not write and ask me to add your link to an existing post.
- We will not consider submissions that advance any kind of political agenda or are in any way derogatory, antagonistic toward any group, or that contain profanity, obscenity or hate speech.
- Submissions and Bios that are sponsored by, promote, or include links to sites promoting products or practices contrary to the site owner’s beliefs and values will not be considered. This includes links to sites promoting gambling or games of chance, or promoting or selling drugs, alcohol, tobacco, pharmaceuticals or of a sexual nature, among others. Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. They also need to be links to sites that will be relevant and of value to our readers. Posts with links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be rejected.
- Submissions must be at least 400 words in length and must include at least one image, for which you have the legal rights to use on this website.Pictures must be taken/owned by the writer, or used with the permission of the photographer. Photographs must be sourced in order to be published. By submitting your articles and images you agree to indemnify Marie Leslie Photography from any claims arising out of such usage.
- All posts must be original and exclusive. Submissions must not be plagiarized or lifted from another blog, website, book, article, etc., even if it is your own blog. You must also not submit and publish this post on other sites.
- Submissions must not contain grammar, spelling or syntax errors. All posts submitted must be publication ready.
- Include a short author bio (50 words or less) with your submission. Please submit an appropriate head shot of yourself. This is NOT optional. You may include a link to your own website. Links to websites that are not clearly the author’s website, unless previously approved, will be removed without notice and the post rejected.
- Effective March 1, 2018, links in any guest post will be no-follow links. Do NOT email and ask me to change that. This is a no-exceptions policy.
If you would like to submit a guest post, please send it via email to marie at marieleslie.com and include the following information:
- Email Subject: Guest Post
- Title of Submission
- Desired Category (subject to change by the site owner)
- Photo Credit Link
- Short Author Bio
You may submit your article in the body of your email or as a Word document. Please do not submit your images in the body of your document. Submit them as separate JPG or PNG files.
All appropriate submissions will be read and considered as the site owner has time. Submission of a post is NOT a guarantee or promise of publication. Publication is at the sole discretion of the site owner. We do not offer critique, feedback, editing assistance or topic suggestions for posts not accepted. If your post is not accepted it simply means it is not a good fit for the site at this time. Marie Leslie Photography has the right to edit the submission to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
Accepted guest posts are generally published within 6-8 weeks of submission. We will make every effort to provide you with advance notice and send you a link when your article is published. If you are submitting a post that is time-sensitive, please let us know and submit it well in advance of your desired publication date.
Published posts are promoted through Google+, Twitter and Facebook. You are also encouraged to promote your post.
We do not offer monetary compensation for guest posts.